The Perfect Setting Powder - Cover FX Perfect Setting Powder Review

13:28

Being traditionally dry, I previously never set my entire face with powder. That has all changed in recent months, after some hormonal changes caused my skin to change to oily, then to combination, now to normal. I honestly had no idea how to cope with my suddenly excessively oily skin. A friend suggested I bake and set my entire face. My dry girls will know this concept to a person with dry skin is foreign. 

I tried was using the RCMA No Colour Powder, as this is what I had been previously using for setting the under eye. While this is fantastic for normal to dry skin types, I found it wasn't good at controlling or absorbing oil, but it did somewhat increase longevity. I also tried the Laura Mercier Setting Powder, which was much better at controlling oils, but it definitely gave my skin more of a matte look than what I would prefer.  

After hearing great things, I welcomed into my life the Cover FX Perfect Setting Powder (Light Medium). I ordered off Beautylish as always, because of their speedy delivery and after pay options!



Price
Price wise this is definitely on the steeper side for the amount of product you get. This will set you back $35 USD for 0.35oz or 10g of product. That's about $50 AUD. A quick comparison in USD to some other popular powders:

RCMA No Colour Powder - $12 USD for 3oz ($4 per oz)
Laura Mercier Loose Translucent Powder - $38 USD for 1oz ($38 per oz)
Cover FX Perfect Setting Powder - $35 for 0.35oz ($100 per oz)
Givenchy Prisme Libre Loose Powder - $55 for 0.42oz ($130 per oz)

So, it falls somewhere in between mid-range and high end. 


Packaging
The packaging of this powder is one of the main reasons this has become a favourite of mine. At first glance it's your standard loose powder container that we're used to, with a twist off lid that you shake the powder out into for application. Standout feature of this is the built in divider. I'm not sure if it has a proper name but divider sounds about right. When the lid is on, the divider is closed, which stops too much product escaping into the lid in transit. Some other brands have similar versions of this divider, such as the twist sifter on Bare Minerals and Laura Mercier but this is the first I've seen using this design. It's easy enough to use, and you still get a good amount of product into the lid when you tip it over. Even when you finish the product, you could refill it up again with the powder of your choice for a travel friendly version. 

Formula
Sephora's website describes this powder as 'An ultra-translucent, loose powder that sets makeup for all-day wear while imparting a soft-focus, airbrushed finish.' Based on my experience, this description is spot on. It doesn't change the colour of my base, although it does add a tiny bit of coverage. They also make this in a deeper version for my darker girls. It sets makeup and prolongs wear, with a natural finish, and doesn't make your face look too matte or flat. 

The formula bakes all parts of the face nicely, including under eye, and is suitable for all skin types. I would know, as this worked on my oily combination skin, my normal, and even on those days I'm feeling dry.

Final Thoughts
Since I've bought this, I have not been reaching for any of my other powders. Although it doesn't rate fantastically on the value for money scale, it still works out okay as I don't use a large amount now that my skin has returned to normal. I also cannot praise the packaging enough!

So if you're looking for a new setting powder, I highly recommend giving this one a go!

Thanks for reading
Em x

Keywords: Cover FX Perfect Setting Powder Review, Cover FX Setting Powder, best setting powder for dry skin, best setting powder for oily skin, best natural setting powder, Beautylish, setting powder, Cover FX translucent powder, RCMA no colour powder review, Laura Mercier translucent powder

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. A good setting powder is one of the most important to set up the makeup foundation properly. There is no other way to set up a better Makeup foundation!
    Here are also more different branded setting powder.....
    https://www.ladiesitem.com/best-drugstore-setting-powder/

    ReplyDelete