Makeup Geek Foiled Eyeshadows

17:02

After months of deliberating over shade names, about a month ago I finally placed my first Makeup Geek order. Two weeks later my order arrived, safe to say I couldn't contain my excitement! If you're reading this, you probably already follow me on Instagram so you already know what shades I've got. I chose two foiled shadows: Whimsical and Starry Eyed. These retail on the Makeup Geek site for $9.99 USD, so right now thats about $13 AUD (ugh that exchange rate though). 



The naming of these shadows is on point. Foiled is definitely how they appear when packed on the lid, evident from swatches below. Whimsical I would describe as a pale, silvery pink.  Starry Eyed as a light champagne beige. I use these colours all over the lid and the inner corner. Either can also be used as a face highlight. The formula of these is very different to anything I've ever worked with; they're hyper pigmented, and feel oily to the touch. For these, finger works best. 




Secondary swatches, with each colour swatched two times (not for intensity but for surface area), with no primer. Whimsical (left) and Starry Eyed (right).



If I'm going to use a shimmer shadow, it will be one of these two. However, sometimes for everyday wear, because of the metallic finish they're... too glam if that makes sense? Their intensity can be reduced by using less product, and applying your crease shades over the top a little to soften up the look. But all up, I love these! I'll be for sure trying out some of the other colours in the range eventually!

This has been my first post, so thanks for reading!
- Emily



You Might Also Like

0 comments