Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit - That Glow

14:45

One of my goals for the new year was to pick up the blogging again, so here I am! I had a couple of requests to review my recent beauty purchase, the Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit, so let's start with that!

The kit comes in two shades, 'That Glow' and 'Gleam'. I opted for That Glow, which is the more yellow toned, bronzier of the two. Gleam is more pink toned. I think both work for a variety of skin tones, although if you're fair, I'd say go for Gleam, as it more pink, can therefore be used as a blush topper and wont pull too orange on the skin. 

I ordered the kit directly off their website on Friday, and it arrived 5 business days later the following Friday. Pretty impressive seeing as standard shipping to WA within Australia is 3 business days. It cost $40 USD, so approximately $58 AUD with conversion *fellow Australians cry with me*. I think that's pretty good value for a quality product, considering you get 4 decent sized shades within the kit, so about $15 per shade. I also ordered a second kit for a friends present, along with two of the new brow definers which will be featured in another post. Shipping for all four products was $17 USD.




Here's swatches of the shades look like:



I can tell Sunburst will certainly become my most loved of the four, it's very similar to my other current favourite Mary Lou-Manizer from the Balm. Golden Bronze will be lovely over the top of some bronzer when I'm wanting my entire face to be dewy. 

To be honest, I can't understand why both dripping in gold AND bubbly have been included in the kit. As you can see from the swatch, they are almost identical. The only noticeable difference is that Bubbly is perhaps more peach than Dripping in Gold. I've been using these two shades more as blush toppers across my entire cheek area. Once I started having  a play I also realised these two shades remind me a lot of Champagne Pop by Becca and Jaclyn Hill. Here's a comparison of the shades:



They're definitely similar in colour family, but Champagne Pop is a couple of shades lighter. 

I've only had the kit for a couple of days, so it's still early, but so far loving the finish these powders give to the skin. They apply best with a dense brush (you have to wiggle it around a bit to pick up the product), so if you're ordering one I suggest picking up the Anastasia  brush #23 as it looks ideal. If you want your highlight to be REALLY on fleek, spray the brush with some Fix Plus or setting spray to enhance the reflectiveness on the skin. 

If you're wanting that wet, bronzed goddess look this summer, then this is the kit for you!

Thanks for reading - Em xx







You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Oh I am glad to see that we can use the highlighters over our blush as well and for bronzing too. That makes it worthwhile. Just ordered mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing I want to buy not sure is it worth it or not reading few reviews I might gonna splurge this haha!

    hafizahrosni.blogspot.my

    ReplyDelete
  3. If u had to pick between this and the becca highlighters which would u prefer

    ReplyDelete
  4. If u had to pick between this and the becca highlighters which would u prefer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also had the same question as Nosheen. Which highlighter is better - Becca or anastasia glow kit. Particularly the becca jacyln champagne pop kit and glow kit in that glow of sun dipped

    ReplyDelete