Anastasia Beverly Hills - Modern Renaissance Palette

15:52

Ever since I saw Claudia (a.k.a. Norvina) posted a preview of the then-unreleased Modern Renaissance Palette on her snapchat, I knew I needed it in my life. Screenshots were sent, minds were lost, and I couldn't stop lusting over the palette. Lust turned to love when tit arrived, and I haven't been able to put it down since. Shout out to Sophia for ordering it for me as soon as this launched when I was busy at work! If you need some MR inspiration she's used it in lot's of looks, one of which you can peep your eyes at here

  

The shades in this palette are mostly warm, with the exception of Buon Fresco. 
Taken directly from the ABH website, the shades can be described as:

Top Row of palette (L to R)
Tempera - Velvety beige with an ultra-matte finish
Golden Ochre - Earthy yellow with an ultra-matte finish
Vermeer - Iridescent shell with a metallic finish
Buon Fresco - Antique lavender with an ultra-matte finish
Antique Bronze - Metallic sable with a satin finish
Love Letter - Raspberry with an ultra-matte finish
Cyprus Umber - Dark coffee with an ultra-matte finish

Bottom Row of palette (L to R)
Raw Sienna - neutral amber with an ultra-matte finish
Burnt Orange - deep orange with an ultra-matte finish
Primavera - shimmery gold dust with a metallic finish
Red Ochre - Sienna with an ultra-matte finish
Venetian Red - Crimson with an ultra-matte finish
Warm Taupe- Earthy gray with an ultra-matte finish
Realgar - Brick with an ultra-matte finish

Below are swatches of the shades as they appear in the palette, so left being the top row and right swatches the bottom row. 


Overall, the quality of this palette is phenomenal. Shadows are pigmented, buttery, smooth and blendable. Because they're so pigmented I find they kick up a little bit of product, but I don't see this as a problem because the shades are by no means chalky. On Anastasia's website it is described that this palette can be used to 'create endless looks for the daytime and evening'; a statement of which I definitely agree with. For my everyday look I start by using Tempera all over the lid and brow bone, with either Golden Ochre, Burnt Orange, Raw Sienna in the crease, or all three. I alternate between Vermeer and Primavera on the lid, but never fail to use Vermeer as inner corner highlight! For the first time in history I can safely say I reach for every colour in this eyeshadow palette. 

If I had to rate this palette out of 10, I would give it a 9. For $42 ($56 AUD) you get 14 amazing quality eyeshadows, which equates to $3/shadow ($4 AUD). There were only a few small things which detracted my rating from a 10. This mostly relates to the packaging, with the lettering of the shade names askew, which is probably a manufacturing error as I haven't seen it on many others. Whilst I love the colour and feel of the packaging, I find being felt it get's dirty very easily, but to be fair, I am a tragically messy person. Although I enjoy every single colour in this palette (Claudia you beautiful woman, you), it would be the definition of perfection if it also had a shimmery bronze. Venetian Red and Love Letter are incredibly similar in colour, perhaps too similar, with Love Letter more pink, and Venetian Red, as the name suggests, more red. 

If you can't pick up this palette yet, don't fret, unlike previous eyeshadow palettes this one is a permanent addition to the ABH line! I bought my palette directly from Anastasia's website here. Their shipping to Australia is quick, generally only takes a few days! p.s. for some reason the ABH website sometimes doesn't accept Australian paypal accounts, but try it with VISA or Mastercard and it works fine!

Depending on where in the world you are located, it's available via these retailers:
Anastasia Beverly Hills website (ships internationally)
Sephora US website and instore
Macy's website and instore 
Beauty Bay website (ships internationally)
Beautylish website (they ship internationally and do after pay/partial payments on orders over $100)
Ulta website and instore (US)
Cult Beauty website (UK)

Thank you for reading!
- Em xx


Keywords: Anastasia Beverley Hills, Anastasia Beverley Hills Eyeshadow, Anastasia Beverley Hills Modern Renaissance Palette, Anastasia Beverley Hills Modern Renaissance Eyeshadow Palette, Modern Renaissance swatches, Anastasia Beverley Hills eyeshadow swatches, warm eyeshadow palette, ABH Modern Renaissance

You Might Also Like

1 comments