April Favourites (Beauty and Lifestyle)

17:28

Welcome to my second ever favourites post! As you can see from the picture below, its a combination of both skincare and beauty. I'll start with skincare, because I have been absolutely obsessed this month. 





Skincare

My skin is typically dehydrated, with the odd pimple very rarely. This month, however, I had some major hormonal and stress break outs. It's settled now, so a lot of the following products helped in getting my skin back to normal.  So, in order of introduction of being introduced to my routine;

My sister gave me her Swisse Argan Face Oil after she found it 'too oily'. Personally, there's no better feeling than sitting in bed after a long day with a cup of tea and your face smothered in generous serving of face oil. I'm a long term lover of the Swisse Bioactive Nature Oil, which I still like to alternate, however this one contains the all important Omega 3, 6 and 9, whilst the Bioactive contains only Omega 3 and 6. I also felt like the Argan Face Oil helped with pore size, after I woke up several mornings with noticeably smaller pores. 

I was sent the cult favourite Philosophy Purity cleanser to try, and I now understand the hype. It gives a good deep clean, without feeling like your skin has been really stripped, but still getting all your face makeup off from the day. It's also great for removing eye makeup, without stinging, or somewhat blinding me for several minutes as some face oils and cleansers can. 

Weleda were kind enough to send me some of their products to try out, which I really enjoyed. Their cult favourite Skin Food was both a handbag and bed time essential,  which I found to be a great hand, foot and face cream. The Almond Soothing Cleansing Lotion is from their sensitive range, which I loved for a light, refreshing face cleanser in the morning. Lastly, what will probably become a long term favourite, was the Iris Moisture Balance Hydrating Day Cream. This is designed for use under makeup, and I can see why, as it hydrates the skin but sets nicely so that makeup applies smoothly, but doesn't alter the longevity or react with your base products. All of their products are also colour coordinated so you know what's for what, or all the tubes don't get confusing amongst your draws. 

On a rushed trip to Mecca on my lunch break, I picked up the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion, after seeing multiple bloggers and Youtubers rave about it. Can confirm: amazing product. I mean it's not like the pimples disappear instantly or completely, but if you've got one coming, or a monster that just won't let up, this lotion really helps. As I write this post I in fact have a drop sitting on a blind pimple on my temple. On the same shopping trip, I saw a nice little set by Origins, pictured below, which looked perfect for my Europe trip in July. Turns out I love the hydrating mask and clarifying mask so much I'll probably need to buy a full size of these. The Drink Up-Intensive Overnight mask is very very similar to the GlamGlow hydration mask, but not as expensive. Origin's have a variety of these sets online and instore, however you've probably got better luck instore, as I don't see this one online anymore.

Beauty


Although I believe my eBay "Real Techniques" Bold Metals arrived back in early March, I didn't include them in my March favourite's for some unknown reason. I bought mine here. For $7 with $4 shipping to Australia, these are awesome. Not only do they add a great addition to my vanity, but also surprisingly great quality with no shedding and very soft. I use the eye brushes essentially every day, the big gold fluffy brush is perfect for bronzer, and the highlighter type brush in the first picture above is an excellent multi-tasker. If you're looking to invest in a set of high end brushes, try these first, and then see if you still want them! Now, some drugstore favourites to get us started on makeup. 


I picked up the L'oreal Brow Plumper at the Priceline 40% off sale, and I'm so glad I did. It's the perfect finishing touch to the brows, giving them that real, hair look that you often need again after you draw or carve them in with product. Mine is in the blonde shade, as I thought the brown would be too dark. Something that I was going to pick up also at the sale but was by chance sent to me is the Rimmel Kate Sculpt Palette. This is easily the best all in one palette that's available in Australian 'drugstores' right now, if not ever. The contour/bronzer is the perfect shade for both contouring and bronzing up your face; the blush is gorgeous luminous coral; and the highlighter is one of the best available at the price point, with the exception of the Face of Australia Glamazon highlight. I've also been using all of the shades as eyeshadows for a quick and easy look. This baby has taken up permanent residence in my handbag!

Of all my favourites this month, the Charlotte Tilbury Instant Look in a Palette is the product I'm most excited about. I was on the Beautylish mailing list for this, and the minute it came in stock, in my cart it went. Thanks to Beautylish's speedy express shipping, this arrived at my door a couple of days later. I bought this with the intention of using it for on the go before work, or taking it with my to Europe. I can say I will be, as its essentially every powder product you could want in a palette. I will do a full review on this, but here are some swatches below. Worth the money, AMAZING QUALITY, so if you've been looking, JUST DO IT! In the same delivery, I picked up the Natasha Denona Face Glow Foundation. Again, I'll probably do a review on this, but its essentially a full coverage dewy, and VERY glowy foundation. I'm all about that glow, so therefore, I'm all about this foundation!



Even though technically this is a May arrival, I was so blown away by the quality of the Morphe 35O I had to include it in this post. Shades are buttery, creamy, pigmented, blendable and everything else you could ask for a shadow.  I'm going to upload swatches in Boomerang form on Instagram after this post goes live so you can see the quality. 

Music

I've recently started commuting via public transport to the CBD for work, so I've had more opportunities to listen to new music. I'll link my current Spotify playlist here so you can have a listen to my current go-tos.  

Some albums I've been loving include Beyonce - Lemonade, Kanye - Life of Pablo, A$AP Ferg - Always Strive and Prosper & Drake - Views. 


When I'm studying I can't listen to my usual music so I rotate between Music for Concentration and Chillmatic playlists on Spotify for background music, unintentionally training myself to work harder when these are on haha. 

What have you been loving this month?

Thanks for reading, 

Em x

You Might Also Like

0 comments