All About The Brows

18:18

Like most of you, this makeup grub is all about the brows! To start with my brows are shapely on their own, but just need a bit of extra definition. Therefore, I tend to use more pencils then pomades or powders. 

Here I'll be comparing the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz & Brow Definer both in Medium Brown, the Klara Cosmetics Line and Define in Taupe, and Ardell Mechanical Brow Pencil in Medium Brown. 



I think I've repurchased the cult favourite ABH Brow Wiz about 5 times now. It's fine tip creates definition with great precision. It's wearable when I'm wearing no other makeup, but also great for a full face of glam. The colour medium brown is also spot on for my brows. ABH boasts a great colour range, offering 9 shades from the lightest to darkest of brows. Although the Brow Wiz is my all time favourite pencil, I'm learning to love the Brow Definer. I usually order both from Anastasia's website because of her super speedy shipping. In comparison the Wiz contains 0.085g of product for $21 USD and the Definer contains 0.2g (more than double) for $26 USD. 


 
Top to bottom: ABH Brow Wiz, ABH Brow Definer, Klara Cosmetics Line and Define & Ardell Mechanical Brow Pencil 

The Brow Definer is like the big brother, mac daddy version of the Brow Wiz. Instead of a fine tip, as seen in the picture above, its triangular shaped, with a thicker tip on one edge, and finer on the other. This a trend which we're seeing a lot in 2015 and 2016, and I can understand why, as this shape cuts down the time it takes to define the brow. 

Klara Cosmetics Line and Define is almost a spot on dupe for ABH Brow Definer. In comparison the Line and Define is actually creamier, which can make it quicker to apply but also means you can't get as sharp of an edge. It also has a felt tip liner on the other end (which is amazing) which is super handy and travel friendly. Its available in Coles and online for $24.95, which is good value considering you're getting a two in one product. 

I purchased Ardell's Mechanical Pencil on a whim, but it hasn't really gotten a lot of use. As you can see from the swatch below, it's warmer than the Klara and ABH - too warm for me. I do like the formula though, very creamy, so I'd consider giving the Taupe shade a try. It's also the most affordable of the bunch, available for $10 online from RY or from about $15 at Priceline. 

 

Top to bottom: ABH Brow Definer, Klara Cosmetics Line and Define Ardell Mechanical Brow Pencil 


Thanks for reading! - Em xx


You Might Also Like

0 comments